Earthing - Grounding
l believe this is a well-kept secret, Earthing / Grounding. How many times have we heard that mother nature is the answer to a majority of all our human ailments, health challenges, and the cocktail of human diseases? From High Blood Pressure, Cancer, Diabetes, Arthritis, Hormonal Imbalances etc
So what is grounding? Grounding refers to a physical connection that takes place between the electrical frequencies of the human body and mother earth. Just like the sun which constantly provides us with vital energy, nutrients, and vitamins, Mother Earth too is a source of subtle profound energy of electrons, that provides important elements that contribute to optimum health and wellbeing. Medical research has now proven that the human biological body, is designed as a natural conductor, but unfortunately, many humans have lost their connection with Mother Earth’s energy and this severe implication and repercussions.
This connection to the earth can happen in a variety of ways. The easiest is by getting in direct, bare-skinned contact with Earth.
Science has long known that Earth’s surface is abundant with negative charged electrical frequencies known as free electrons. Physically connecting to the earth facilitates the intake of these free electrons into the human body. One of the best things about Earthing is that it’s incredibly easy and safe to do.
Mother Earth, is like a gigantic battery that contains a natural, subtle electrical electron energy—a special kind of energy present in the ground. For safety and stability, everything in the electrical magnetic world is connected to Mother Earth.
Being grounded to Mother Earth is when you are electrically grounded, you feel:
- Strong and Vital
- At ease
- Less stressed
Simple Grounding Exercise.
Being ungrounded happens when you are out of balance on the base/first chakra. We, humans, have energy field that has two major “openings”. These openings are through the first (root) and the seventh (crown) chakra. The root chakra connects the body to the earth's energy, while the seventh chakra allows Universal/ Divine energy to flow in. When energy is blocked, you are unable to access the support of the earth and Higher Consciousness.
A simple grounding exercise involves the visualization of yourself as a tree. Firstly, place your bare feet on Mother Earth, then close your eyes. Next, visualize roots growing out from your feet. “Extend” these roots through the ground and going all the way down. Anchor them at the center of the earth. This will give you a sense of stability, groundedness, and rejuvenation.
Stephen T Sinatra, James L Oschman, Gaétan Chevalier, Drew Sinatra
- PMID: 28987038
Context • Modern biomedicine has discovered that many of the most debilitating diseases, as well as the aging process itself, are caused by or associated with chronic inflammation and oxidative stress. Emerging research has revealed that direct physical contact with the surface of the planet generates a kind of electric nutrition, with surprisingly potent and rapid anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects. Objectives • The objective of this study was to explain the potential of grounding to clinicians as a simple strategy for prevention, therapy, and improving patient outcomes. The research summarized here has pursued the goal of determining the physiological and clinical significance of biological grounding. Design • The research team has summarized more than 12 peer-reviewed reports. Where appropriate, blinded studies examined in this paper were conducted using a variety of statistical procedures. Interventions • In all cases, the intervention examined conductive contact between the surface of Earth and the study's participants, using conductive bed sheets, floor or desk pads, and electrode patches, such as those used in electrocardiography. Results • All studies discussed revealed significant physiological or clinical outcomes as a result of the grounding. Conclusion • This body of research has demonstrated the potential of grounding to be a simple, natural, and accessible clinical strategy against the global epidemic of non-communicable, degenerative, inflammatory-related diseases.
- Can electrons act as antioxidants? A review and commentary.Oschman JL.J Altern Complement Med. 2007 Nov;13(9):955-67. doi: 10.1089/acm.2007.7048.PMID: 18047442 Review.
- Integrative and lifestyle medicine strategies should include Earthing (grounding): Review of research evidence and clinical observations.Menigoz W, Latz TT, Ely RA, Kamei C, Melvin G, Sinatra D.Explore (NY). 2020 May-Jun;16(3):152-160. doi: 10.1016/j.explore.2019.10.005. Epub 2019 Nov 14.PMID: 31831261 Review.
- Earthing: health implications of reconnecting the human body to the Earth's surface electrons.Chevalier G, Sinatra ST, Oschman JL, Sokal K, Sokal P.J Environ Public Health. 2012;2012:291541. doi: 10.1155/2012/291541. Epub 2012 Jan 12.PMID: 22291721 Free PMC article. Review.
- Earthing (grounding) the human body reduces blood viscosity-a major factor in cardiovascular disease.Chevalier G, Sinatra ST, Oschman JL, Delany RM.J Altern Complement Med. 2013 Feb;19(2):102-10. doi: 10.1089/acm.2011.0820. Epub 2012 Jul 3.PMID: 22757749 Free PMC article. Clinical Trial.
- The effects of grounding (earthing) on inflammation, the immune response, wound healing, and prevention and treatment of chronic inflammatory and autoimmune diseases.Oschman JL, Chevalier G, Brown R.J Inflamm Res. 2015 Mar 24;8:83-96. doi: 10.2147/JIR.S69656. eCollection 2015.PMID: 25848315 Free PMC article.
- Antioxidant, antibacterial, antidiarrheal and antipyretic activities of organic crude fractions of Commelina paludosa.Riaz TA, Hossain S, Ferdous J, Hossain M, Islam MT, Chae HJ, Hossain MK.Ayu. 2018 Apr-Jun;39(2):101-106. doi: 10.4103/ayu.AYU_213_17.PMID: 30783365 Free PMC article.